Thursday, February 19

our soccer tot

A couple weekends ago we took Alex to try out a Soccer Tots class. Now one might think that soccer for a 21-month old might be a bit ridiculous or even somewhat "pushy" on the part of the parents but I assure you it's neither of those. It was actually one of the cutest dang things I've ever seen in my life! And our intentions had more to do with the whole group interaction and direction following aspect than hoping to foster the next Beckham.

Alex wasn't feeling so hot so it took him a while to warm up to things but once he did, he had a great time. And with the kids being so young, parent involvement is a requirement so Ben also got in a little work out. Some of the activities included kicking the ball down the field and back (amazing how well these toddlers did with this!), some red light/green light (by far the most entertaining of the class), and an obstacle course.



Apparently Alex's favorite activity of the morning was parachute time at the end. I think he enjoyed helping the grown-ups spin it just as much as he enjoyed riding on it!


We went ahead and signed him up for the rest of the session and he goes back for his second class this Saturday. Ben and I will be headed to Vegas for my fabulous birthday celebration but I'm sure Gramma will have pics to share!

3 comments:

CosmoChica said...

This was so cute, I think it made me ovulate.

Brittany said...

I wish we had something like this close to us, my boys would love it, and that last parachute picture is PRICELESS!

Sydney B. said...

He's so stinkin' cute! ♥