Monday, May 12

he's this close!

(picture me holding my thumb and forefinger about a centimeter apart)

To walking that is... Today we were at "aunt" Nancy's house and Alex stood up from kneeling all on his own with no support for the first time ever (at least that I've seen)! Sources say this is the big indicator that walking is soon to follow. He actually kinda sorta took a step/shuffle sideways before getting back down on his hands and knees. I know it's only a matter of time because he's been standing on his own for longer periods of time and his balance is excellent. He reminds me of a mini body builder at times because he'll stand there with his legs a little more than shoulder width apart and lift one end of his little plastic wagon from underneath while grunting and growling. I'm enjoying these last days (weeks?) of "limited" mobility because everyone seems to think that once he figures out how to actually take a step he'll be running. Lucky me!

Side note: Gramma Penny claims to have witnessed him taking a step or two on his own a few weekends ago at cousin Mason's birthday party but since I didn't see it, it didn't really happen!

No comments: